Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Chickens and Dirt

 I Enjoy Seeing Chickens on the Fence

I like it because it defies the idea that a chicken is a feathery ball of fear. 
She could flutter forward into the pasture and face adventures unknown.  
Or backwards into the yard. Maybe she'll sit right there as long as she pleases.  It's really a matter of agency, and not being driven by fear.  Truly, if my hen was driven by fear, there is only one place she could go. . .back to the coop.

It seems like whatever I learn and/or face in life, it probably leads me to pick from similar available options:  Forward, backward, retreat, or wait on it.

 A Little Dirt Never Hurt

There is no shortage of dirt around our place.  This means there is a also a great deal of washing that goes on.  It's such good fun to teach a young child that it's alright to get dirty--in fact sometimes we can't get good work done without plunging right in it.  This is when I like to say, "Don't worry about it, I will help you get cleaned up when we're finished." Reminds me of Someone else I know and love with all my heart.



2 comments:

JayBingham said...

Your blog needs a thumbs up capability, I am giving it a like here since I don't see a thumb.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Dad Bingham. Like this post! Jealous of your dirt, chickens and garden!